Answer by Nimish Kochhar:
Let's have a look on some epic moments:1. On the 26/11 Mumbai attacks:"We will stop 99 per cent of the attacks. But one per cent of attacks might get through and that is what I am saying."2. On the drug problem in Punjab:"10 out of 7 youths in Punjab are hooked on to drugs."3. On India's youth advantage:"India is the Saudi Arabia of 21st century."4. On the meaning of politics:"Politics is in your shirt, in your pant."5. On being officially appointed as the party's No. 2:“It (Congress) is a funny party. It is the largest political organization in the world but perhaps does not have a single rule or regulation. We create new rules every two minutes and then dump them. Nobody knows the rules in the party” (after being elevated to the Congress Vice-President’s post)And:"All the public systems – administration, justice, education and political are designed to keep people with knowledge out. Such a system promotes mediocrity."6. In a Congress Workshop on Social Media:"If India is a computer, then Congress is its default program."7. In the CII Summit:“People call us an elephant.. We are not an elephant.. we are a beehive.. it’s funny but think about it. Which is more powerful? an elephant or a beehive?” (while taking a dig at Narendra Modi and the Gujarat Model of Development)8. In an Ahmedabad Congress Meet:"Gujarat is bigger than the United Kingdom."9. In the same Ahmedabad Congress Meet:"In fact, India is you know, bigger than Europe and the United States put together."10. On being asked about providing e-literacy for poor children:"Can I ask you a counter question? How are you going to help them?"11. On poverty:"Poverty is just a state of mind. It does not mean the scarcity of food, money or material things. If one possesses self-confidence, then one can overcome poverty."12. About Gujarat children malnourishment:"2 out of 1 child are malnourished in Gujarat… This is the Gujarat Model the BJP keeps talking about."13. About Dalit upliftment:“Dalit community needs the escape velocity of Jupiter to achieve success…”14. About Rani Laxmi Bai:"Rani ki Jhansi. She is a hero." (Rani's Jhansi, she is a hero).15. Rahul Gandhi's verbal goof-up at MP rally (Mixes up bhrashtachar with balatkar):“What has the government done for the tribals here? Have they indulged in corruption (apke saath bhrashtachar kiya?)… Nahin balatkar kiya (no they have raped)."16. About woman volanteers of INC:"Agar aap yuva karyakarta se baat karen, agar aap mahila karyakarta se baat karen, pehli baar wo keh rhe hain ki bhai maza aaya, aur main ye jo maza hai hindustan k har vaikti ko dena chahta hun.." (If you talk with young volunteers, women volunteers, they all are saying that they enjoyed, for the first time they enjoyed.. and I want to extend this enjoyment to every person of India).17. Few Randoms:
- “Hindustan Ek Soch hai. Hindustan Ek Jagah Hai…(fumbles) Magar Hindustan Ek Soch Hai…” (I won’t even bother to translate this, feel free to make your own interpretations.
- “There are people doing yoga in New York, dancing around; that’s the power of India. You go to a nightclub somewhere in Spain and there’s Amitabh Bachchan on the screen there, dancing around. That’s the power of India. That’s the power of Indian people.”
- “A rising tide doesn’t raise people who don’t have a boat. We have to build the boat for them. We have to give them the basic infrastructure to rise with the tide.”
- “If I am incompetent, I am useless, the people of India will see that.” (hmmm, no comments!)
- “There’s so much of unemployment in Gujarat. About 27,000 crore jobs are lying vacant there” (And the fact is, population of India is 130 crore. How come 27k crore jobs are lying vacant over there?).
- “Gujarat Ko Agar Kisine Khada Kiya Hai, Gujarat Ko Amul (the milk brand) Kisne Diya Hai, Gujarat Ko Kisne Doodh Diya Hai? Toh Iss Tadaf Dekhiye, In Mahilao Ne Diya Hai. Gujarat Ki Mahilao Ne Doodh Diya Hai (who has given the milk brand Amul to Gujarat? Who has given milk to Gujarat? Look over here, our women are the source of milk in Gujarat. These women have given milk).
- Dawaiyon K Daam Badha Diye Gaye Hain. Pehle 1,000 Mein Milti Thi. Ab 1 lakh Mein Milengi. Par Isse Ameer Logo Ko Nuksaan Nahi Hoga. Nuksaan Gareeb Logo Ko Hoga. Gareeb Janta Maregi. Yahan Yeh Humari Behne Baithi Hain, Inke Baccho Ko Cancer Hoga, Toh Inke Bacche Marenge (cost of medicines have now been increased. Earlier, say, a medicine cost 1,000. Now it will cost 1 lakh. This won’t affect the rich people. This will affect our poor people. They will die. Our sisters sitting over here, their kids will die).
- "This morning I got up at night, 4 O’clock in the morning."RaGa should have followed this:“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” — Mark TwainBut instead of listening to Twain, he went ahead and proved that he is indeed-Pappu:Image via FakingNewsSo by any chance if he does become the PM in any recent future – be afraid, be very afraid!!Sources:[YouTube-watch?v=Y3rwzqJJdb8].